WINDSOR / DETROIT Border Delays
Huron Church Road Reconstruction
April 1 - June 30 (90 days)
****** EXTENDED to JULY 5 ******
Expect Long Delays
- Anticipated start date is April 1, 2019 with a 95-day time line.
- Work will take place 7 days per week and 24 hours per day as necessary to maintain schedule.
- All businesses will be open during construction and access will be maintained at all times.
- There will be two (2) signalized pedestrian crossings, one at the Malden intersection and one at the Dorchester intersection.
- Recommended access for Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare is via Tecumseh Road to Prince Road.
- The northbound lanes will be closed between Malden Road and Dorchester Road.
- Northbound traffic will be diverted onto the southbound lanes with one (1) lane of traffic in each direction through the construction zone.
- No left turns will be allowed in the construction zone.
- Access to businesses on the east side of Huron Church will be available from Daytona Avenue or Northway Avenue.
- Access to businesses on the west side will be available as usual for southbound traffic, however northbound traffic access will be via Industrial Drive to Ambassador Drive.
- Once Stage 1 is complete (+/- 50 days), traffic will be diverted onto the northbound lanes and the southbound lanes will be reconstructed.
- During this phase, northbound traffic will be able to access businesses on east side of Huron Church, but southbound traffic will still need to access the businesses from Northway or Daytona, as left turns are not permitted in the construction zone.
- Access to businesses on the west side will still be via Industrial Drive to Ambassador Drive.